LU Remote Labs
Students will be able to access specialist software not available on their own devices to assist with study and/or research.
This service is secured by Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). For information on MFA go here.
Remote Labs is a web based remote desktop protocol (RDP) service hosted on an open-source solution Guacamole built on Apache web services. For further information the user guide is available here: Using Guacamole
Remote Labs basic use guide:
- Confirm through your lecturer/tutor or PG Admin that you have been added to the service.
- Confirm you can access Office 365 resources: Office 365
- From your browser go here: Remote Labs
- Set your browser view to full screen (Function key F11).
- Logon using your Lincoln username (not your [email protected]).
- From the All Connections expand the appropriate Desktop pool.
- From the list of desktop objects (not in use) select one and connect.
- When you have completed your task don’t forget to sign off properly by clicking the person icon in the Start menu and then select Sign off from the pop-up menu.
Please note this is a shared resource. Please don’t just disconnect as this will leave the workstation appearing to still be in use.
ITS reserves the right to disconnect connections: Over-use, idle, fault. SAVE YOUR WORK!
It is important that you save your work to OneDrive so you can access remotely.
Also please refrain from using this service to view online video intensive entertainment or social content; YouTube, Learn, Facebook etc
Go to www.remotelabs.lincoln.ac.nz
Username: Lincoln username
Password: Lincoln password
Note: Requires Microsoft Authenticator (MFA)
After logging in you will only see your assigned connections.
Click on the '+" to see computers you can connect to. Double clicking will load your connection.
|access.lincoln.ac.nz (generic access)|
|D1 to D5 Labs|